SimpleVas® collects information on our users in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, participation in services provided via the Site and Services. Simplevas® collects the following information:
“Personal Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the services that we provide.
Protected Health Information
We are committed to protecting information about you regarding your health treatment and related health care services (“Protected Health Information” or “PHI”). We create a record of the care and services you receive for use in your care and treatment.
Third Party Information
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our services, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
Use of Information
The Personal Information and PHI that SimpleVas® collects is used in a variety of ways, including:
- for internal review;
- to improve the Site and Services;
- to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Site and Services;
- to get reviews and ratings;
- to fulfill and provide products and services, including personalized or enhanced services, requested by you; and internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information or PHI to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The disclosure is to financial service providers in order to fulfill and carry out the purchase and provision of goods and services requested by you;
- The disclosure is combined with information collected from other companies and used to improve and personalize services and content from us;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with SimpleVas®;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of our SimpleVas® Membership Agreement, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering products and services, sending postal mail, providing marketing assistance, and data analysis (“Administrative Service Providers”), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services. The aggregated data of Personal Information and PHI will be anonymized prior to disclosure.
Data Security, Integrity, and Access
The Personal Information and PHI you provide and we collect are stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. As we deem appropriate and as required by the applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the Personal Information and PHI and consistent with industry standards, including physical, organizational and technological protections, such as firewalls, to protect your Personal Information and PHI. We also use industry standard encryption technology to protect credit card and password information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Personal Information and PHI may only be accessed by persons within our SimpleVas® organization, our third party service providers who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above, or any other party that you have provided us with authorization to share such information with.
We retain Personal Information and PHI that we collect as long as we believe it reasonably necessary or desirable within the SimpleVas® business.
Your Personal Information and PHI may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer Personal Information and PHI to the United States and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Personal Information and PHI. By submitting your Personal Information and PHI, you consent to having your data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
SimpleVas® may in the future assign you a user ID and a password as part of your participation and access to the Site and Services. Your user ID and password may only be used by you and the members of your household. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. If and when user IDs and passwords are implemented, you may access and update your login information.
Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by SimpleVas® or third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information or PHI with these third party websites unless you have authorized us to do so, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information or PHI they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, SimpleVas® would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer’s privacy on the Internet, SimpleVas® expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
Governing Law; Visitors Residing Outside the United States
Your Iowa Privacy Rights
You may contact the Privacy Office at the address listed in the SimpleVas® website.
This Privacy Notice replaces all earlier versions.
Last Modified January 31, 2021