CEDAR RAPIDS OFFICE HAS MOVED TO DOWNTOWN!!
(CHECK ADDRESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE)
SimpleVas Vasectomy Clinic is aware of the potential complications of COVID-19. In keeping with recommendations from the CDC, we encourage all patients to help maintain “social distancing” to keep you safe while coming for your procedure.
PROCEDURES IN NAPLES, FL WILL NOT BE PERFORMED DURING CURRENT SEASON DUE TO COVID-19
- You are encouraged to have your vasectomy as scheduled. I only see one patient at a time for vasectomy, and this normally keeps social contact to a minimum during your procedure.
- We follow CDC-approved protocols for disinfecting office spaces, and the waiting areas are either spacious or not busy enough that it should allow for proper distancing.
- If you have a fever or a cough, please reschedule your appointment. Anyone with a cough or fever is encouraged to stay home.
- If you have a serious chronic condition, please reschedule your appointment. Examples of serious chronic conditions are lung disease, heart disease, severe obesity, immune compromise, etc. People with these conditions are encouraged to pay special attention to social distancing.
- Please wear a face mask (clothing cover) when coming to the office
- If you decide to not have your vasectomy, you can reschedule without problem.
- If you are having a driver with you for your appointment, please have your driver wait outside in the car rather than come into the waiting room.
- Your wife, girlfriend, or companion can still come into the procedure room with you during your vasectomy; but we encourage other people to wait outside in the car. Just make sure your companion does not have any symptoms as above.
Welcome to SimpleVas® vasectomy. This a website where you can find the information you need to make your decision, and schedule your vasectomy procedure.
SimpleVas® vasectomy can be performed without using a needle or a scalpel and can be completed in less than 15 minutes in the office using local anesthesia.
Dr. Esgar Guarín provides vasectomies in his practice in Iowa (in Newton and Cedar Rapids) and in Florida (Naples).
He is the only vasectomy surgeon in the state of Iowa offering patients:
1. Affordable vasectomy ($600 if no insurance is used)
2. Having a vasectomy during a single visit
3. Return of post-vasectomy semen sample testing by mail
By providing the most minimally invasive form of vasectomy and decreasing barriers to having vasectomy, access is improved for the performance of a procedure that empowers men, women and families by controlling fertility in a permanent and successful way.
CONTACT US PRIVATELY
Talk directly with Dr. Guarín and see what the surgeon has to say. Let him set up the appointment himself and avoid having to talk to anyone else.
Call privately (800) 741-3357
*** If Dr. Guarín does not answer, leave him a message with a name and number to call; he will certainly be happy to talk to you directly!!
Vasectomy Cost if you don’t have insurance: $600
(It may be more affordable than having to pay your deductible. Cost with insurance depends on the allowed fee by each individual company/plan, please verify with your carrier)
Esgar Guarín, MD
Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Dr. Guarín (pronounced goo-ah-reen) is a board certified physician trained in Maternal, Child and Reproductive Health. Originally trained in Colombia at the Universidad de Santander – UDES, graduating at the top of his class. After getting certfied as a foreign physician through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates – ECFMG, he completed his training in Family Medicine in Baltimore, MD in 2009, at the Franklin Square Hospital Medical Center.
After serving as Chief Resident. Dr. Guarín completed a 2-year fellowship training in Maternal and Child Health (Pregnancy and Newborn Care) with the Department of Family Medicine at Brown University and the School of Public Health, in Rhode Island.
Always interested in the provision of reproductive services, particularly those of minimally invasive nature, Dr. Guarín had the privilege of training in the non-scalpel / no-needle vasectomy technique with renown Dr. Doug Stein in 2012. Since then Dr. Guarín has been performing his SimpleVas® Vasectomy technique with similar outcomes to those of his mentor.
Recently, Dr. Guarín was awarded the prestigious Family Physician of the Year Award from the American Academy of Family Physicians in Iowa in 2017. He has been also nominated to the American Academy of Family Physicians’ Physician of the year National award for 2018.
Dr. Guarín is currently dedicated to the practice of Maternal, Child and Reproductive Care. As a Board certified Family Medicine specialist, Dr. Guarin has a special interest in the promotion of vasectomies as the most effective method of permanent sterilization.
Here is Dr. Guarín’s LinkedIn profile
For more information on Dr. Guarín’s medical practice practice, go to www.doctorguarin.com
SimpleVas® Locations (Newton, Cedar Rapids, Naples)
(Dr. Guarín’s main location is Newton, IA)
SimpleVas® Satellite Clinic – Cedar Rapids:
SimpleVas® Vasectomy in Cedar Rapids, IA
THIS OFFICE IS NOT STAFFED. IT IS ONLY OPEN FOR THE SCHEDULED VASECTOMIES
(Dr. Guarín’s main location is Newton, IA)
Kubias Building, 311 Third Avenue SE, Suite 106
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
(Downtown Cedar Rapids)
For information at this location, please call (800) 741-3357
* You can park your vehicle in the parking building on the same block of the Kubias Building. Parking is free for the first hour.